This position involves working independently to plan insulation projects. This includes visiting jobsites, meeting with customers, inspecting buildings, identifying needs, measuring projects, developing work scopes, and solving problems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contact customers and coordinate appointment schedule
- Safely drive to and from job sites
- Meet with customers (homebuilders and homeowners) to identify project needs
- Accurately and efficiently measure all aspects of the project
- Photo-document existing conditions as required
- Develop and record work scopes according to the needs of the building and its occupants
- Answer customer questions
- Provide jobsite support during installation as required (provide clarification to crew, answer questions, perform quality checks, etc.)
- Generally provide an excellent experience for everyone we come into contact with
- Cultivate an expert level knowledge base in the technical aspects of our field (building codes, building science, materials, methods, etc.)
- Perform other tasks as circumstances and company needs require
- Valid US driver’s license, with driving record satisfactory to our insurance carrier (MVR will be examined for all applicants)
- Valid Social Security Card
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (Insulation Unlimited uses E-Verify)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Reliable transportation to and from Insulation Unlimited facility
- Professional, positive, and helpful attitude toward clients and coworkers
- Critical thinking and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to physically perform operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, standing, laying, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects
- Ability to ascend, descend, and maneuver ladders
- Ability to be exposed to dust, fumes, mold, and other health hazards with the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environments, including hot, cold, dusty, windy, etc.
- Ability to enter and inspect confined spaces such as attics and crawlspaces
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in the areas of assigned work
- Basic knowledge of residential building and construction concepts and sequencing.
- Basic knowledge in home maintenance and repairs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to independently and professionally manage appointment schedule
- Basic skills in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas and their proper maintenance, including laser distance measurer, measuring wheel, tape measure, and etc.
- Basic skill in the operation of computers, smartphones, tablets, and related equipment.
- Basic skill in photo-documentation and email.
- Ability to safely and responsibly operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and architectural drawings.
- Ability to observe and remember large amounts of details
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, sub-contractors, and clients
- Proficiency with construction math
- Ability to absorb new knowledge and adapt to industry changes
- Ability to perform technical research as required by challenging or unusual projects
7:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
$45,000 starting salary (negotiable according to background, skill, and ability)
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Group health insurance available
- Retirement account matching
- Company vehicle provided
- Company smartphone provided