We make homes healthier, more comfortable, and more efficient by installing insulation and air sealing systems in new construction and occupied homes. Our installers are the hardworking craftsmen who make every home they touch better than it was before. We’re always looking for positive, motivated, caring individuals with a passion for quality and a fearless work ethic.
Maybe you’ve got a background in the trades, or maybe you’re thinking about changing industries and experiencing the satisfaction that working with your hands and seeing the results of your work at the end of the day can bring -- either way, if you believe in hard work and have a positive attitude, we’d love to talk.
You’ll install fiberglass insulation - yes, that's the itchy stuff - and air sealing materials in both new construction and existing homes. Sometimes you’ll remove old insulation from nasty places for disposal.
Starting pay is currently $15/hour with opportunity to increase over time according to skill, productivity, and longevity.
What makes this job great?
- The satisfaction of seeing the results of your work each day
- Improving lives by making buildings healthier, more comfortable, and more efficient
- Working in new places every day
What makes this job hard?
- Physically and mentally demanding
- Confined and dirty spaces like attics and crawlspaces
- The need to be highly productive and execute precise details in hot, cold, wet, or uncomfortable conditions
Insulation Unlimited is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer.
- Effective 2021, all applicants should have a valid driver's license and clean driving record, must be eligible to work in the US, and pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen.
- Please note that this is a physically demanding position - inability to enter confined spaces, safely and sustainably lift and team lift heavy objects, work at heights, and provide hard, consistent effort all day long could be disqualification for employment.
How to apply:
Come to our office in person to get an application. Complete, read, and sign all information. We're open 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Our address is:
3455 Brainerd Rd
Chattanooga TN 37411
Insulation Field Technician (Installer) Job Description:
This position involves working with a small crew to execute building insulation work, in both new construction and occupied buildings, including but not limited to installing:
- Insulation (fiberglass, etc.)
- Sealed crawlspace systems
- Air sealing materials, such as foam, caulking, and weather stripping
- Other building components as required
- Other types of physical labor as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely execute insulation tasks such as air sealing, installation of insulation, and sealed crawlspace systems.
- Safely operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as insulation machine, power tools, and hand tools.
- Safely drive to and from job sites in a pickup truck or box truck.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Complete assigned tasks within appropriate timeframe.
· Valid US driver’s license, with driving record satisfactory to our insurance carrier (MVR will be examined for all applicants)
· Valid Social Security Card
· Legally authorized to work in the United States (Insulation Unlimited uses E-Verify)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Reliable transportation to and from Insulation Unlimited facility
- Basic skills in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas and their proper maintenance.
- Basic skill in the operations of smartphones, iPads, and related equipment.
- Basic skill in photo-documentation and email.
- Ability to safely and responsibly operate a pickup truck or box truck.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to understand material lists, record material usage, and keep track of job documents provided
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, sub-contractors, and clients.
- Ability to perform manual labor all day, every day.
- Ability to physically perform operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, standing, laying, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform medium work lifting heavy objects (>100 lbs) as a team and moderately heavy objects (50 lbs) alone.
- Ability to be exposed to dust, fumes, mold, and other health hazards with the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environments, including hot, cold, dusty, windy, etc.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in confined spaces, including attics, crawlspaces, etc.
- Ability to perform work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in areas of assigned work.
- Basic knowledge of residential building and construction concepts.
- Basic knowledge in home maintenance and home repairs.
Desirable Education and Experience
- High school graduation preferred.
- Some experience in renovation and/or construction including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using power and hand tools and other relevant equipment.
Paid Federal holidays, paid time off, and access to retirement contributions are available for this position. Details on additional benefits offered with Insulation Unlimited are outlined in the Employee Handbook.