Are you ready to join a high-performing team of craftsmen who execute quality projects in challenging environments? Would you enjoy working in different places every day? If so, keep reading...
Insulation Unlimited sets the standard for quality insulation projects in the Chattanooga area. We are the ones who care about getting it right, and our team members take pride in the work we do. We maintain a broad set of skills and knowledge to make sure both new and existing homes perform at their best.
Description of Duties:
- Install insulation products in buildings (mostly houses) completely, correctly, and on time
- Sometimes remove insulation from buildings for disposal
- Operate a company vehicle, and take good care of it
- Keep our place and the customer's place clean, don't break our stuff or their stuff, and overall make everyone glad you were there
- Learn and improve every day
Skills and requirements:
(Otherwise known as dealbreakers)
- Driver's license and Social Security card IN YOUR POSSESSION
- Not afraid of heights
- Not afraid of confined spaces
- Drug free
- Legally authorized to work in the US (we have to use E-Verify)
- Physically fit and able to perform manual labor all day every day, many times in uncomfortable environments
- Detail oriented yet highly productive
Compensation and benefits:
- $23/hr to start
- 6 paid holidays every year
- Paid time off after 6 months of employment
- Retirement account matching
- On the job training
If this sounds like you, complete the online application below and let us know why you'd be a great fit for our team! For more information, scroll down past the application form for the detailed job description.
Insulation Installer Job Description:
This position involves working with a small crew to execute building insulation work, in both new construction and occupied buildings, including but not limited to installing:
- Insulation (fiberglass, rigid foam, rockwool, batts, blown, etc.)
- Sealed crawlspace systems
- Air sealing materials, such as foam, caulk, and weather stripping
- Other building components as required
- Other types of physical labor as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely execute insulation tasks such as air sealing, installation of insulation, and sealed crawlspace systems.
- Safely operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as insulation machine, power tools, and hand tools.
- Safely drive to and from job sites in a pickup truck or box truck.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Complete assigned tasks within appropriate timeframe.
· Valid US driver’s license, with driving record satisfactory to our insurance carrier (MVR will be examined for all applicants)
· Valid Social Security Card
· Legally authorized to work in the United States (Insulation Unlimited uses E-Verify)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Reliable transportation to and from Insulation Unlimited facility
- Basic skills in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work areas and their proper maintenance.
- Basic skill in the operations of smartphones, iPads, and related equipment.
- Basic skill in photo-documentation and email.
- Ability to safely and responsibly operate a pickup truck or box truck.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to understand material lists, record material usage, and keep track of job documents provided
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, sub-contractors, and clients.
- Ability to perform manual labor all day, every day.
- Ability to physically perform operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, standing, laying, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform medium work lifting heavy objects (>100 lbs) as a team and moderately heavy objects (50 lbs) alone.
- Ability to be exposed to dust, fumes, mold, and other health hazards with the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environments, including hot, cold, dusty, windy, etc.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in confined spaces, including attics, crawlspaces, etc.
- Ability to perform work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in areas of assigned work.
- Basic knowledge of residential building and construction concepts.
- Basic knowledge in home maintenance and home repairs.
Desirable Education and Experience
- High school graduation preferred.
- Some experience in renovation and/or construction including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using power and hand tools and other relevant equipment.
Paid Federal holidays, paid time off, and access to retirement contributions are available for this position. Details on additional benefits offered with Insulation Unlimited are outlined in the Employee Handbook.